Goodbyes are so bittersweet


 


I'd been doing pretty good with all the goodbyes until I walked into my classroom this morning and saw the sign that the staff and students at Paradise High School signed for me. We had a hygge day a few days earlier where I was able to give each of my AP Lit students a book I had picked out and inscribed for them, and that was a bit emotional, but standing there reading the well wishes of people I spend my days with brought it all home. I have made connections with the incredible humans at Paradise High that are so deep. I really felt the love this morning and I have to admit it took me a while to pull myself together.

What I kept reminding student (and myself) of is that I'll be back - hopefully with some new tools to support staff and students - but definitely to carry on this work I love so much with the people I love SO much. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Greek Spirit

A thread emerges

Tell me your story